- Multiple Table Inheritance with ActiveRecord – @hakunin demonstrates how to achieve an STI table layout on active record, using multiple tables, win.
- Optimizing HTML – great post by kangax, a great blog in general.
- Get method called in MooTools – this is why i am now officially in love with MooTools, feels like Ruby almost.
- acts_as_taggable and the CASE problem – apparently, the AAT family is case sensitive.
- Rails quick tip: readable conditional validation – a quick tip on how to make those
:ifs look readable.
- A successful git branching model – a suggestion on how to manage Git workflow in a team.
- Targeting IE7 and IE6 with only 2 chars – or, you can simple avoid the support in IE6.
- Building iPhone apps with HTML, CSS and Javasctipt – an e-book by Jonathan Stark.
- DelegateClass rocks my world – Split your models to a logically separated units.
- Using jammit with rails – notes on using the asset packager/minifier on rails, apache rules included! yay.
- Rails and MongoDB resource list – on my next secret project we are going to use it, this list helps.
- Redis and rails practice – who is online? – a tutorail on how to use Redis on a Rails application, loos neat.
- Realism in UI design – keeping it REALLY real.
Rails 3 stuff
As some of you may know, this past weekend RailsBridge held it’s 3rd Bugmash event, focusing this time on Rails 3 integration and actual test driving.
Although i didn’t take an active part in this bugmash (oh clients…) i peeked once in a while to see how stuff are going on and it seemed to me, that people are actually having fun. Lots of people worked hard this weekend and i want to thank them all and hopefully join with a more vivid performance on the next bugmash.
- BumpTop – 3D desktop for Mac. Looks nice, works pretty smooth but not sure how productive that is.
- FriendlyORM – noSQL on MYSQL, inspired by FriendFeed’s usage of schema less storage.
- Fog – interact with your Amazon/Rackspace cloud.
- sinatra-pages – a Sinatra Extension that renders any page or sub-pages located under the views/ directory inside your Sinatra application.
- scrooge – another gem to handle money data types as integers.
- BloodHound – Simple key:value string conversion to hashes, with type casting.
- wagn – hardcore wiki, will try this one soon.
- url_store – store sensitive data, hashed in URLs.
- ActsAsSolrReloaded – Solr duals Sphinx, again.
- arid_cache – hardcore caching for ActiveRecord.
- Rails reservation calendar plugin – Show multiple, overlapping reservations across calendar days and rows.